13 November 2008

Episode 10.5 Show Notes






Sweet.
Another week gone by and another BLITA smashcast.
Who would have thunk it?


Pic: BLITA Sticker Featured

I'm gonna switch things up a bit on here this week and change the format of the show notes. . .I think you'll like it. I'm also going to try to really beef up these notes and make this a blog worth looking/reading at even if you don't hear the show. This is a short-long-term goal as my life begins to settle into some semblance of a normal routine once again. Oy!


Here we go




Intro - Paul Stamets discussing his take on the importance of Psilocybin mushrooms. Paul is, to me at least, the leading expert on the world of mycology and his video presentations are mind blowing. I highly recommend intaking any information you can from this guy.

Here's one vid:


~~~


Featured Song:
Led Zeppelin - Immigrant Song(live from BBC Sessions)


~~~

Sanchos Intro:

Background Music
John Scofield (w/ Medeski, Martin, & Wood) - A Go Go

Chic Corea Elektric Band - Illusions


Make Obama eat his words, let's get organized!!!




The Men Behind Barack Obama



~~~


Bill Hicks on Presidential Politics


~~~


Featured Song:

Blackalicious - Chemical Calisthenics


~~~


The Two-Zillion-Year-Old Hippie!!!


2zillionhippie@gmail.com

On Skype: zillionhippie

On the Forum





Ask him your magnificent questions. . .


~~~




Burning Man 2009!!!

Evolution, baby! You know what? BM09 is gonna kick ass. We're working on plans to help kick that ass, and you know we're gonna do it right! We have plans in the making, and everyday we come closer to the realization of this project. There is a thread at our forum devoted to this idea which we are updating constantly, so be sure to check that out and see where we're at so far and if you can help us in any way then hit us up!

BLITA at BurningMan '09!!! Be There.


Background Music for this segment:
Jamiroquai - Didgerama & Didjital Vibrations


~~~


I read an email from our pal, Matt "Mateo" Pallamary. He answers my question about what his thoughts are on the relation of our body to the perception of other dimensions. . .and it's fascinating!!!


Mateo's A Theory of the Evolution of Consciousness essay, just click here.


Background Music:
Alpha Wave Mix


~~~


Featured Song:


Tool - Third Eye(live)






Timothy Leary sample:

Think for yourself
Question authority

Throughout human history, as our species has faced the frightening, terrorizing fact that we do not know who we are, or where we are going in this ocean of chaos, it has been the authorities, the political, the religious, the educational authorities who attempted to comfort us by giving us order, rules, regulations, informing, forming in our minds their view of reality. To think for yourself you must question authority and learn how to put yourself in a state of vulnerable, open-mindedness; chaotic, confused, vulnerability to inform yourself.

Think for yourself.
Question authority.


~


Dreaming of that face again.
It's bright and blue and shimmering.
Grinning wide
And comforting me with it's three warm and wild eyes.

On my back and tumbling
Down that hole and back again
Rising up
And wiping the webs and the dew from my withered eye.

In... Out... In... Out... In... Out...

A child's rhyme stuck in my head.
It said that life is but a dream.
I've spent so many years in question
to find I've known this all along.

"So good to see you.
I've missed you so much.
So glad it's over.
I've missed you so much
Came out to watch you play.
Why are you running?"


Shroud-ing all the ground around me
Is this holy crow above me.
Black as holes within a memory
And blue as our new second sun.
I stick my hand into his shadow
To pull the pieces from the sand.
Which I attempt to reassemble
To see just who I might have been.
I do not recognize the vessel,
But the eyes seem so familiar.
Like phosphorescent desert buttons
Singing one familiar song...

"So good to see you.
I've missed you so much.
So glad it's over.
I've missed you so much.
Came out to watch you play.
Why are you running away?"


Prying open my third eye.

So good to see you once again.
I thought that you were hiding.
And you thought that I had run away.
Chasing the tail of dogma.


I opened my Eye, and there We were.

So good to see you once again
I thought that you were hiding from me.
And you thought that I had run away.
Chasing a trail of smoke and reason.


Prying Open My Third Eye.





Think For Yourself, Question Authority. . .



~~~


GoodBye!!!



Featured Song:

Blank Blue - Sea Roars Lead




Joseph Campbell says: "Follow Your Bliss!"

2 comments:

Jenn said...

Been super busy and floating in space lately, but i'm coming back to earth and catching up on these last two episodes....another good one, sancho! Cheers :D

Black Light in the Attic Podcast said...

Thanks Jenn! How is space? ;-)